SOLD 1991 Cannondale SE2000 "19 top tube dent

Item sold.

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
Any interest?

19" frame, with a "under" top tube dent. It rides fine. I use it as a cruiser. I would not do serious off road.

The dent is odd, like maybe a clamp got it. Hard to photo the dent.

Everything is original. It has the good late rear swing with the brace.

Only parts not original is:

rear magic rim
bars
seat post
seat clamp

If any interest for sale or possible trade. Shipped from California.

IMG_0509.JPG
IMG_0510.JPG
IMG_0511 2.JPG
IMG_0512 2.JPG
IMG_0516.JPG
IMG_0517.JPG
IMG_0519.JPG
IMG_0520.JPG
IMG_0521.JPG
IMG_0513 2.JPG

JohnnyD

That is a crazy place for a dent. I hope someone here shows some love and picks this one up from you. I am unfortunately not able to pick up bikes at the moment :(. Although if I could find some XT shifters in as good condition as yours are..

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
BUMP. Any love for a SE2000? Also up for trades. Vintage MTB is dead in my area. :(

JohnnyD

I will never understand why anyone would want a new MTB over one an older one. The SE2000 is just one more amazing example of the creative styling that made the '90's the golden era of MTB's.

JohnnyD

The dent doesn't detract from the over the top styling of the bike though, nor the care taken to keep the components on the bike in amazing condition for a 30 year old bike.

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
Any love for the SE2000? I ride this bike all the time, I use it as a city bike. It is time for a new home. I have (2) SE's.

Up for a trade for any music gear, Nintendo/pokemon or bike related. :)

JohnnyD

You know I'd love it, but I currently have to finish two other bikes before I add ANOTHER one. Now if it is still around when I free up some proper amount of funds for it. I will talk to you again about it!

Edit: Anyone check out the GMBN tech video on "old vs. new" that was uploaded this weekend? They have SE 2000 on it!
This one is better though because the pink cables scream vintage Cannondale!!!!!

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
I have always loved SE's. This is my 4th SE2000, I have owned 5 2000's and 2 1000's. My current SE1000 is perfect, I do not need 2. :) My SE obsession started late though in 1999.

JohnnyD

I thought the SE's were super cool when they came out. They had one in the bike shop when I bought the white M500 that got stolen and replaced by the M700. Like I said, I really like yours, the cables just make the bike perfect, silly top tube dent and all!

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
In my area, vintage is dead. It is also on craigslist and ebay for local pickup. I may need to post it in ebay + ship.

And, I agree. The vintage parts and fork alone.

JohnnyD

In my area, vintage is dead. It is also on craigslist and ebay for local pickup. I may need to post it in ebay + ship.

And, I agree. The vintage parts and fork alone.
I have it on my watch list..as well as a few other bikes I'm interested in..

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, PM sent. Pending sale, however if things change I will let you know. :)