1988 SM 700???

Teddy

Just picked up at a local thrift store and I could not be happer... Thinking it's an 88 SM 700 going by its #20052088008, the color and all the fun parts. Not sure about the bars but I had a blast cruising it around town today... The old school
IMG_20211123_143049.jpg
deals still exist for sure... ✌️
IMG_20211123_143008.jpg
IMG_20211123_150925.jpg

JohnnyD

Looks like you got and awesome deal on a super nice bike. It also looks like you have a few other classic vehicles in the garage with it. Type 2 VW's are just so awesome.

Teddy

Thank you sir, I have been into classics and the older bikes for years but never had a Cannondale. A 50% Sale at Saint Vincents was very good to me. Lots of love..

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you sir, I have been into classics and the older bikes for years but never had a Cannondale. A 50% Sale at Saint Vincents was very good to me. Lots of love..

The best part is it looks all original. I would just clean it up, new housing/cables, tires etc.. and enjoy it!

Teddy

Thanks for the thoughts Brian. Sounds like my thoughts too. ;) Love seeing those original parts for sure. Just needs a little tune up and I will call it good.

JohnnyD

I have to agree with Brian...enjoy it. I wouldn't give up my Cannondale bikes for anything, unlike a few modern ones I purchased and got rid of. I just do not like how the geometry feels on modern bikes. They don't seem to have any character in their designs as well. Take a look at Cannondale's 26" full suspension line up from the '90's to early 2000's and you will see what I mean. There is no confusing a Super V with a Raven or a Jekyll.
I do have to admit I am a bit jealous of the Type 2's... There is some serious $$$ in them in almost any condition. Hopefully, like you bike they are used and enjoyed!