1988 Black Lightning

IdahoBrett

I recently bought a BL crankset from this guy on eBay, he also has some derailleurs that may suit yours?

Thanks @Peat ! Great seller! That is who I bought my BL frame from and too many other bike parts ;)

I recently bought a well used BL stem from the seller. It needed a repaint and I botched the prep job. The first coat of paint instantly crazed/orange peeled. I doubled down on stupid and coated it two more times. I tripled down on stupid and let the terrible looking paint cure. Now I’ve got the tedious task of stripping it all off. Kind of why my overhaul stalled out. That and other projects.

Last edited:

JohnnyD

Thanks @Peat ! Great seller! That is who I bought my BL frame from and too many other bike parts ;)

I recently bought a well used BL stem from the seller. It needed a repaint and I botched the prep job. The first coat of paint instantly crazed/orange peeled. I doubled down on stupid and coated it two more times. I tripled down on stupid and let the terrible looking paint cure. Now I’ve got the tedious task of stripping it all off. Kind of why my overhaul stalled out. That and other projects.
I am not saying I have ever had to strip off fresh paint on a bike. I feel you pain though.