1987 SR400?

Jak Conrad

"Accidentally" bought on the Bay, and I'm surprised at the condition of this frame. The only marks I can find indicate that a pair of wheels were mounted, but the bike was either never ridden, or ridden so little as to leave it like new.
58 042487 011 IMG_20200514_120716893_HDR.jpg

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Yes, a 1987 SR400. It's quite rare to find an 80s frame in that kind of condition. How are you going to build it? Shimano 600EX would look great on that frame.

Jak Conrad

If I found a decent enough deal on it, sure. For the moment, it's getting parts I have laying around. Still cogitating on which ones to use.

jburnha

"Accidentally" bought on the Bay, and I'm surprised at the condition of this frame. The only marks I can find indicate that a pair of wheels were mounted, but the bike was either never ridden, or ridden so little as to leave it like new.
58 042487 011View attachment 5035
Nice JC! ...I saw this on Ebay and would have bought it immediately if it was in my size. Beautiful find and best wishes for the build -- keep us updated on what you do with her.
Cheers and ride safe! -John

SR400 -105

Will do. I'm still cogitatin'.
Hey Jak I was thinking about this and when you pick out your groupset if you go modern I would be interested in knowing what fits regarding bottom bracket and crank sets. I ask because adding a power meter when you are dead set to keep your SPD pedals is a challenge and a new crankset would allow for some extra options there. Battleship Grey is the best color ever BTW