Items by sjs.666

sjs.666
Views
Reaction score
Comments
Time to show you my latest purchase. It´s a 87th SM 500 in yellow with customized airbrush. I found this one on eBay US in Newport Beach, California. Looked halfway ok on the pics, so I wrote the owner and persuaded him to take the bicycle apart, box it and ship it to Germany... Here are the eBay pics... Equipped with a mix of Shimano XT 730 / 733 / Suntour front derailleur / IRD seatpost and some other parts. The condition of most of the parts...
sjs.666
Updated
Views
Reaction score
It´s time to present my latest purchase here. Found by chance at the ibc Forum in the classic section. One of the members found an old Cannondale in his cellar and asked for a price since he had no need for this one… Here are a few pics of the original state: As you can see, complete original state and hardly ever ridden in 30 years! So it was no question to me that I had to...
sjs.666
Views
Reaction score
Comments
So, after a long time I finally built up my Cannondale SM 700 (1988), which I bought last autumn. That´s how it looked last year… Horrible to see it that way… But with a Little imagination… And fter finding all of the original parts which were missing… It was finally time to start the rebuild. As always, I started with completely tearing it apart and cleaning the frameset… After this, I was...
sjs.666
Updated
Views
Reaction score
Comments
At last by chance I found a 87th Cannondale SM 600 in slate (24"/26" wheelset) in absolutely original condition at Ebay in the UK... It didn´t take long to find a affordable solution to ship the bicycle to Germany so I had to buy it. It took just 3 days til the bicycle arrived… So there it was, still dirty from the last race in spring. As Always I started with splitting the bicylce to it´s parts to clean it up, inspect all parts, grease parts...
sjs.666
Updated
Views
Reaction score
Comments
Finally a new project goes on... I found an 85th 26/24 Inch frameset on eBay.com, which was in a horrible state... Despite of the that, I couldn´t resist to buy this one because it is nearly impossible to find an early Cannondale in 26/24 Inch version here in Germany... I have a SM 700 from 1986 in yellow already, so this one should get a different color. I decided to get it a anthrazit paintjob like the SM 500 and to rebuild this with the lovely bullmoose bar...
sjs.666
Updated
Views
Reaction score
Comments
After a long time of searching a 24"/26" wheel variant here in Germany I finally managed to lay may hand on a SM 600 from 1988 which is in a good condition... First was to unpack two boxes with parts from the bicycle, cleaning all, making a list of parts to change and so forth... Now I started to rebuilt this beauty... I changed the original seatpost (strong) for a black one (looks like a black repro of the old strong seatpost) and, because I couldn´t manage to get...
sjs.666
Views
Reaction score
Comments
Another find on eBay a few weeks ago... This one seems to be stored for years in the cellar. Dust and dirt all over but after ripping this one apart and cleaning all parts it looks like this one just need to be rebuild... I will build it with all original parts except seatpost and seat. These will be replaced... That´s the actual state. Tires are Panaracer pasela as this one...
sjs.666
Updated
Views
Reaction score
Comments
One of my absolutely favorites, a 88th custom painted red shred. Found this beautiful frameset on eBay and it came from Hungary. the Price was ok the shipping costs horrible high but how often do you get a chance to get a Hand on custom painted C´Dales? Here in Germany it´s something like a "once in a lifetime" opportunity. So I had to get it... A few weeks later it arrived perfectly packaged... And it looked good enough for me... Some...
sjs.666
Views
Reaction score
Comments
After long time of searching for a M 600 in Patriot paintjob in the right size, finally this one came to me... It was in a horrible state so I stripped it completely... As the components were all in more than a bad shape I decided to get rid off the old parts and rebuild this one with a Deore DX Group after polishing the frameset... The Headset had to be replaced, too, so I got a NOS Tioga oversize...
sjs.666
Views
Reaction score
Comments
Found a SE 1000 frameset in bad shape a few month ago... Looked good on first sight but it was badly sprayed with a can, so it required a new paintjob. After a few days of thought I decided not to go for a catalog rebuild. This way I could create a new color sheme for the frameset... Black & White with a few red details should do it... As contrast to the white mainframe I decided to go with a black XT group...
sjs.666
Views
Reaction score
Comments
This one was really hard to find, mainly because it wasn´t named as a cannondale on eBay. Nearly by chance it was found by a nice guy at the classic ibc forum, who gave a hint... Really ugly, or not? So I bought it for little money and I was surprised, that it was in complete original state besides the color of the frameset... So I stripped this one to it´s parts... After removing the Headset Rests of the original color...
sjs.666
Views
Reaction score
Comments
Here is another Restauration of an old C´Dale... Bought in the US on eBay in a miserable state... I stripped this one completely to rebuild it with a complete Shimano XT 730 Group. After a new paintjob the frameset looked like this... Built up with the following parts: - Suntour bottom bracket - Sugino crankset - Sakae pedals - Sakae stem - Tange...
sjs.666
Updated
Views
Reaction score
Comments
Actual in progress, restauration of a C´Dale SM 600 1989... ...