Items by rccardr

rccardr
Views
Reaction score
Comments
I got this as a complete and original Black Lightning, and it had been pretty well taken care of. After a full strip-down, cleaning and polishing, the re-assembly went really easily. The buyer of this one wanted everything black, so we changed tires, stem wrap, saddle and pedals until he was happy. I was surprised at how smoothly the Suntour Edge components shifted (although the freewheel is a 7 speed Shimano). Took this one for a few very long rides before turning it over to the new owner!
When I saw this bare NOS frame with the matching Aero fork, I just had to have it. This is the newest Cannondale I've ever built, and the only Tri-type bike I've ever worked on or ridden. I had to find some 650c wheels for it, and then have spacers machined to fit it into the fork, but the Shimano 105 group bolted in very nicely and mated right up with the bull horns and bar end Ultegra shifters. I don't know if the new owner will ever compete in a triathalon, but he's having a blast...
rccardr
Views
Reaction score
1988 SR500...now an SR800! I originally bought this bare frame in Blue and although it was solid, the fork was missing and the paint was badly chipped. It got powdercoated in white (even found a replacement fork!) and I decided to do a \"color flip\" build. SR800's in that model year were red with white decals and white trim, but this one was done in white with red accents. The decals are from Vintage Cannondale (who else?), and it now sports Shimano 600 Tricolor drivetrain components...
I bought this as a bare ST frame and it sat in my shop for a long time while I figured out how to bring it back to life. It got the full powdercoat treatment in Bright Blue, with decals by Vintage Cannondale (YEAH!). Now it rocks a Technomic stem, Sugino crankset, Ultegra FD & RD & Tektro brakes with DiaCompe levers. Gotta love that yellow saddle and bar wrap! This one went to a tall woman (it's a 58cm) who's going to take it on a series of tours this summer.
rccardr
Views
Reaction score
I built this for a customer over the winter. It's an original SR800 but was in poor condition. Stripped it down to the bare frame and had it powder coated in Asian Red with an Ink Black fork, then added decals from Vintage Cannondale (YEAH!). It's got full Shimano 600 components except for the levers, which are later. The 7 speed HyperDrive shifts very nicely.
rccardr
Views
This was originally a trashed white 1987 ST400 when I bought it last year. Stripped it down to the bare frame and had it powder coated in Lemon Yellow, then added decals from Vintage Cannondale (YEAH!). Now it rocks Ultegra derailleurs and a Brooks saddle and bar wrap. Since this picture was taken, it's been stripped down again for a full upgrade to 9 speeds & 700c, with Alex rims, SRAM cassette, Dura-Ace DT shifters, Michelin tires & Rivendell Silver brakes.