Items by dpwellman

dpwellman
Views
Reaction score
The most recent addition to my collection. Bought from an estate auction in almost pristine condition. Despite the dust and grime, I couldn't tell if it had ever been ridden at all! The rims had zero brake wear. The bearings and races were in perfect condition. I immediately though: let's do something wild and make this 1055 STI, instead of the 1050 that was on. I already had all the parts just needed shifters. $100 later and this is it. I sold the original 1050 hubs laced to Wolber Alpine...
MY first Cannondale. Traded a 1988 Centurion Sport DLX for it 1995. It was in sorry shape mechanically, but I had the LBS bring up to rideable. Rode it like hell for a while and crashed (spent three days in the hospital with surgically repaired tibia). Fork, headset, wheels, bar, stem, bottom bracket had to all be replaced. The wheels weren't built right and kept snapping spokes. I eventually stopped riding for years and it sat. And sat. Inside, ouside through rain, snow, sleet. Eventually...
I always wanted a 2.8 series and now I have one. Bought as a bare frame and fork. Built up with full SRAM Rival, Velocity Aerohead on Ultegra hubs. Thomson stem and seatpost. Easton EA-50 bar.
Rescued from consignment. Slight upgrade from the RSX triple drivetrain (3x7) to Sora/Tiagra (2x8) mix with FC-R600 compact crank as shown. Oh and I found gold anodized CXP-21 to go with! This is my everyday rider