Items by ChuckK

ChuckK
Views
Reaction score
ChuckK
Views
Reaction score
R900 color and specs, but probably built up from a frame kit since the DA components span a couple of years.
ChuckK
Views
Reaction score
I'm the third owner of this bike. It had been bought for a European vacation (which fell through) by the first owner, then passed on to a friend of his as a training bike. I've upgraded the wheels and added fenders and racks. Super stable - loaded or naked.
ChuckK
Views
Frame and fork from a garage sale, and assembled from an assortment of on hand parts. It had been a shop trade-in by an international tri-athlete around '97 and had competed in Europe and Hawaii as well as the continental U.S.
ChuckK
Views
I'm the bike's third owner and it's pretty original. Suntour Cyclone, except for a Suntour Sprint crank. I also upgraded the wheels to MA2 rims with Cyclone hubs, and Suntour click shifter levers.
ChuckK
Views
Reaction score
The ultimate \"Boy Racer\" entry bike from back then. Good and stiff, and all Shimano 600 at a great price. Whoever raced it back then did a great job of stripping the decals and adding a couple of Shiner Beer decals as well as Racer X, Spaceman Spiff, and a flaming 8 Ball. A garage sale find, the tires had rotted off, and the tire bag had a Nashbar patch kit with a 1995 date on the sales tag - probably when the bike was last hung up to dry.