Items by ChrisW

ChrisW
Views
Reaction score
Presumably built in 1997 I recently picked up this H500 Hybrid in the near of my city for -- again -- a cheap offer. I added a ahead stem with comfortable angle and red bluemels which suit the bike quite well in my opinion. It's not in mint condition, but everything works and it's a nice ride. Might be having a frame which is a little too small for me, so, maybe it's for sale again in the near future.
ChrisW
Views
Reaction score
Comments
New old project bike
ChrisW
Views
Reaction score
Comments
Picked up this wonderful 23' touring bike yesterday. Needs TLC. Crank is stuck and pedals are missing. Tyres are old and worn. Love the original Olympic bluemels.
ChrisW
Views
Reaction score
Comments
I got the bike cheap. It wasn't in mint condition, so, I had the idea to start a project for a gravel bike. Still a work in progress.
ChrisW
Views
Reaction score
Comments
My most recent purchase. A fantastic and super rare 1992 Cannondale T600 in need of some TLC...
ChrisW
Views
Reaction score
Cannondale hybrid bike H700 from 1996.
ChrisW
Views
Reaction score
Comments
Not the most beautiful bike, but rare, so I had to take it. I'm not so happy with the dark chainrings, but those came with the bike originally. Shimano LX shifters.
ChrisW
Views
Reaction score
Comments
I got this old bike for ~ 50 Euros, but this time I got something in a very sorry state (3rd pic). The previous owner did a lot goof to the bike so I had to check my parts box... I swapped the wrong V-brakes for cantilevers and removed the Zoom stem and put in a old Tange stem which is not the right year either, but suits the bike better in my book. Then I mounted an old Vetta saddle I had. The Suntour X-press shifting gets overhaul soon. Also it needs new tires and brake pads, but soon or...
ChrisW
Updated
Views
Reaction score
Comments
1991 SH 600 I recently got from eBay 'Kleinanzeigen' in Germany. Cable guides are loose, tyres are old and flat but otherwise no major issues. Provisionally mounted vintage SKS Olympic fenders which suit very well I think. Comments are appreciated Edit: bad luck – the fenders don't fit.. luckily found these vintage bags online for a few quid. Recently mounted Continental Contact Speed tyres to hit the road finally.
ChrisW
Updated
Views
Reaction score
Another cheap find.. Original owner left it in the basement for many years, so it needed a little TLC.
ChrisW
Views
Reaction score
Comments
Recently transformed it to a daily driver after I equipped it with SKS fenders and rear rack plus Vaude bag.
ChrisW
Views
Reaction score
Comments
I also found this 1990 Cannondale SM 800 Red Shred on eBay.de, just around the corner. Excellent condition 1st paint and 100% original! My favourite of my five Cannondales. Edit: after 28 years the original Ritchey tyres had to go. I'm not too happy with that, but was necessary.
ChrisW
Views
Reaction score
Comments
Recently I got this for a very reasonable price on ebay.de. The owner left it in his garage for 20 years. Except some small chips it's in very good nick. Changed tyres (IRC Mythos close to original spec), (alas not original) saddle and cables, that's all.