White lightning?

Todder

Anybody recognize this guy? Not a lizard maybe M900 circa 1991-92? Sun tour XCM, 3.0 frame plus a “no station” headset logo hint at 1990-1994 and would be pepperoni rigid fork correct?

Attachments

• 7172F4A7-A672-4B4B-9D50-CBB5CE7A59B6.png
    7172F4A7-A672-4B4B-9D50-CBB5CE7A59B6.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 107
Last edited:

black lightning 1987

Staff member
That's a tough one. 1991 SM500 was black with white web but had red decals, had SunTour X-1 build, and the Cannondale decal was on the down tube. 1990 bikes had the Cannondale decal on the top tube but the catalog doesn't show any colors with the web color over the base color. In both years the XCM bike was the SM400 and all the models mentioned had a steel unicrown fork. The closest bike in the catalogs is the 1991 SM400, as it was offered in black and Mystic Blue with white web, and was equipped with XCM. Perhaps your bike is early production or prototype.

Todder

Thanks someone snatched it up off eBay for $50, silly cheap even forkless, i Really need to stop putting eBay bikes on this forum ha

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I have my eye on another about 3 hours away. Too cold to make the drive recently. Power is out today and I'm running the generator to keep the boiler pump running. It was about 10 degrees here early this morning.

JohnnyD

I have my eye on another about 3 hours away. Too cold to make the drive recently. Power is out today and I'm running the generator to keep the boiler pump running. It was about 10 degrees here early this morning.
Well I hope you get power back soon... and maybe save another bike.
As for the weather.. NOW you know why I like living in Texas!!! I was outside wet sanding the Super V frame today:D! I'm so spoiled.