New to the brand!

the webgal

Hiya! I used to ride a lot in high school - maybe 10 miles each way to work with some severe hills -but at graduation (1972), I got a Honda CL350 motorcycle, then a Triumph 500 and went down that path for a few years. In 1981 I got a very used Peugeot bicycle (prob late 60s model), fully rebuilt that and rode it a few years and got lazy(!). Thought about bicycling again maybe 3 years ago but prices during COVID era went way up locally. Couple weeks ago my wife found a nice Trek bicycle in the local web classifieds, and when we went to get it, turned out the seller's husband had a nice Cannondale M400 - black fading to green. USA built. (1984, I believe). Got both bikes for reasonable money, and have been cleaning and personalizing them since. I pulled the plastic pedal/clip combo off mine and went to regular pedals. Mine had a hacked up handlebar wrap job with inner tube rubber and foam, and electrical tape on top! I pulled that off and did a nice reverse wrap job last weekend, and am trying to find a more comfortable seat - it has some skinny Bontrager seat for now.
I did split a pair of big mirrors between our 2 bikes - I want a clean view when cars come up behind us - but so far we are just riding in the neighborhood and the local college - staying off major roads.
But the gears shift really well, brakes are nice - its lightweight, and seems to be a really well made bike.

The Cannondale when I got it, with the ugly foam rubber wrap job.
Cannondale-BarView_0550.jpeg

After cleanup, new Wrap, etc

Cannondale-retaped-Mirrors_0597.jpeg

T

Last edited: