Decals R600 ('99)

ratmgmf

Hi everyone. Talking from Rio, Brazil.

I'm restoring a R600 from 1999. It needs a new paint, so here are my question: where can I find new decals?

Found some options here in Brazil but I'm not sure about the quality...

Thanks!

black lightning 1987

Staff member
There are lots of decals listed on eBay but most have the newer head tube decal. This set for a Super V would at least get you 1999 style head tube, down tube, and made in USA decals. Is your bike definitely a 1999 model? No R900 shows in either of our 1999 USA catalogs, or the 2000 catalog.

ratmgmf

Thank you! I usually don't by on eBay and totally forgot about it. It seems very obvious now after you said...

I will look more carefully there. And search about the shipping options to Brazil.

My bike it is a R600 (not R900). I'm not sure if it is from 99, but I think it is. In the catalog is on page 24 (but is the "Super black with blue pearl hyper gloss" not the green one).

Thanks again!

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Check the two letter code for the year and month that the frame was produced (see the serial number page for information). Some 1999 model year frames would have been produced in 1998. If your paint and decals match the 1999 catalog description you can be fairly certain of the model year. Cannondale seldom used exactly the same colors and decals for two consecutive years.