For Sale/Trade 1987 Cannondale SM500 20" Frame

Item for sale/trade.

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
For sale or trade. 1987 Cannondale SM500 20" Frame. This was purchase a long long time ago with a few original parts on it. The parts need were moved to this build:

This 2nd Raw SM500 was going to be a SM900 Clone project. It currently is bare, with 2 original oversized "grey" guides. And 1 VintageCannondale guide. This guides was actually the 1st test guide from 15 years ago. :)

For sale or trade, PM me.

EB1581AC-3257-45DD-8F32-200ED49E874C.jpg
IMG_3953.JPG

letsbike

Don't do it!! There has to be some Mountain bike lover out there wanting to tinker with a real cool rebuild. Shoot us your bottom line price Brian. I'd hang it in my garage before I let a piece of Cannondale history go for scrap.

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
I bought this frame locally to turn into a clone SM900. Sadly my local area is done with vintage mountain. (also where is live Cannondale is dead, if this was a vintage Ritchey.. different story ) I was hoping to get what I paid for it, but now it dose not matter. The problem is that anybody who will want it needs to pay shipping. That is what kills it. It has been on eBay for about 4 months now. Same with facebook market. The killer of shipping and nobody local is what turned these bikes into scrap. :(