Your expert assistance in helping me identify and provide info on an Iceland Green 1995(?) Campagnolo Equipped 60 cm Racing Bicycle.

JCannondale

Hello Cannondale Forum,

I am a Cannondale enthusiast and was a licensed US Cycling Federation Category 3 Junior Racer in my teenager years in Washington DC during the early 1980s. At the time, I worked at Proteus Bicycle Shop (closed decades ago) which was an authorized Cannondale Bicycle dealership, where I worked on and sold Cannondale Bicycles. During my time at Proteus, I worked and save to buy my very own first entry level racing bicycle, a Cannondale SR300. Racing and working in that bicycle shop around Cannondale bicycles was best time of my life. I practically left my pay checks in that shop buying bicycle parts and apparel.

Decades later, in my 50s, as a birthday present, and several bicycles and pounds later, my brother gave me a second hand 60 CM green 1995 (?) vintage Cannondale (re-living my youth), which is missing the model number sticker. The bicycle came with Campagnolo components. I think the parts are Campagnolo C Record. I am not sure. I tried searching this bicycle on the Vintage Cannondale site to try to look up the matching bicycle catalogue for my bicycle. However, I was unable to find the specific model, year, and stock parts that match the bicycle you see in the pics provided. As per my conversation with riderssupport@cannondale.com, they believe that this bicycle was manufactured and came factory equipped with Campy Parts for the European market. Some how over decades it was brought over here from Europe. With this said, I was unable to find or download any vintage 1995 PDF European catalogues for use in historically identifying the bicycle for restoration purposes. Can you please tell me which model bicycle I have and year? Can you provide or direct me where I can find the specific catalogue for my bicycle. Are the Campagnolo components stock components for my Cannondale, or do you believe the frame was sold separately and non-stock Campagnolo components installed afterwards? Any history or information you can provide me with would be greatly appreciated. I have provided the serial number information and pictures of the bicycle for reference.

What is interesting to me is that the same Modolo brand stem and handlebars were offered on the 1990 Cannondale SR 900 (US Market) which came with Campagnolo Athena parts ( not sure if i got Campy C record or Athena parts). It would appear that the Cannondale SR 900 came in only one color scheme, blue white Campagnolo sticker on down tube. I believe that the Icelandic green, which I believe is the color of the bicycle I have (not certain) was offered in 1995 for track bicycles (?), but no specific model and parts match found in the 1995 catalogue (US Market).

I look forward to your responses, thank you.

Sincerely,

John

Attachments

• cannondale serial_1.jpg
    cannondale serial_1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 62
  • cannondale serial_2.jpg
    cannondale serial_2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 78
  • Cannondale Campy headset.jpg
    Cannondale Campy headset.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 63
  • Cannondale front of bike.jpg
    Cannondale front of bike.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 63
  • Cannondale left side bike.jpg
    Cannondale left side bike.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 72
  • Cannondale right side bike campy rear deraileaur and crank.jpg
    Cannondale right side bike campy rear deraileaur and crank.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 67
  • Cannondale right side bike Campy bottom bracket.jpg
    Cannondale right side bike Campy bottom bracket.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 69

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome!

I am glad you joined after our email chat. :)

Another thought would be to date check the campy parts:

and.... another thought. The frame without the model number could me a crash replacement frame. They did this and did not add a model number. They also could have painting it with a euro color. Or it came from europe "crash replacement" no model number...

If we had the euro catalog, we could find out more by the parts and color.