What is the size of my f500?

breth

I've just been given an old f500 (the serial number is scratched and hard to discern correctly, but it looks like it's from the 1993-1999 period). The bike is a bit beat-up, but I will be preparing it for someone.
I was wondering : is there anywhere I can see the geometry of the M and L sizes of this model? I can't see the size of this bike written anywhere on the bike (maybe it was a decal?). I'm not sure if this is an M or L size. And while I can always do the relative measurements myself, I'd be happy to see the original geometry specs somewhere, so that I can compare to other models - I'm pretty much dependent on the internet for these things, not many types of bikes around here that I can try out personally.
Thanks.

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
Best is to measure it. Pre 93 the size is direct on the frame. post 93, it is stated sometimes. ;)

black lightning 1987

Staff member
The F500 wasn't introduced until 1995, so I wouldn't look at geo charts previous to that year. The 1996 catalog says seat tube length on a medium F500 CAAD2 is 17.6", a large is 19.5", measured to top of tube.

breth

Thanks bl 1987 - I measured the seat tube and 17.6" it is. Another proof that it is indeed a Medium.
Thanks for the link to the catalog - I had seen it before, but never scrolled down to the end where they have the geometries and specs, that's what I needed.