Weird Logo on my Killer V

I bought a killer V from a coworker in the late 90's. I've rebuilt it and polished it, but the decals didn't survive. In the process of looking for replacement decals, I discovered that my logo is pretty unique. I haven't been able to find it anywhere. I have attached a pic.

I recreated the logo for a new decal. The font is called Janus Regular. I am wondering if this logo was applied at the factory or if it was a replacement at some point. Has anyone ever seen this kind of logo before?

Thanks!

Attachments

• cannondale.jpg
    cannondale.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 218
Here's another pic where you can see more of the bike...

The serial number starts with EF.. that should mean June 1993.

Are you saying you've seen the decal before? That would be something at least. I've never seen it before although I haven't looked at very many different models in my search.

Attachments

• killerv.jpg
    killerv.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:

black lightning 1987

Staff member
1994 was the first year for the Killer V. Wondering if your frame could be a prototype. The KV 900 was available polished with a black fork.

upload_2019-3-21_10-56-37.png

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Now if we can get a clearer pic of the 2004 1FG.... I have a 2003 print catalog but not a 2004. Blowing up the scans just makes them fuzzier. June seems way too early for next model year regular production. Prototype might explain all the discrepancies but it would probably require some input from Cannondale employees to confirm.

chumaman

Give us this photo of the whole bike.....it's kind of weird :(
Me personally from what I see , this frame is polished
serial number without photos of the same....photo fragments with nothing substantial
stickers that exist they can be manipulated;)
generally slightly weird topic o_O

Give us this photo of the whole bike.....it's kind of weird :(
Me personally from what I see , this frame is polished
serial number without photos of the same....photo fragments with nothing substantial
stickers that exist they can be manipulated;)
generally slightly weird topic o_O

Here are some more pics. The only full-bike shot is post rebuild so the decals are already gone. The frame was polished when I got it in 1997. The decals are completely different from the 1FG or the Chase.

IMG_2910.jpg
killerV.1.jpg
killerv.jpg

chumaman

Definitely a prototype and I'm very pleased to have this forum enriched :)
My is quite ordinary FB .... 94' February
In any case, you should contact Cannondale,maybe there is more complete information
such pieces are still very rare :cool::);)
We have the earliest Killer V ever documented ... what a delight :):):):):):):)

Last edited: