WANTED: ST400, ST600, ST700, ST800 or ST1000 Touring Bike

Hi, I'm looking for a Cannondale ST400, ST600, ST700, ST800 or ST1000 as an addition to my 1998 Cannondale Saeco CAAD2 road bike. I'm specifically after one of the newer generations of the ST series which features the larger Cannondale lettering on the top tube (similar to the one in the photo). Condition doesn't matter. Please let me know what you've got. Thanks.
image%3A60917.jpg

By the way, this site is awesome! :)

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Bike is not at home and I couldn't find a photo on my computer. I will have to get to where it is and get it cleaned up to take some decent photos. Remind me if I don't get it done. Might be worth checking shipping cost in the mean time. Guessing FedEx or DHL will be very expensive to ship a complete bike from IL to the UK.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
It's even worse than I would have guessed. I'm getting $269 shipping cost plus $317 for import duties. I may have overestimated the box size and/or weight but those values are never know for certain until the package is ready to ship.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
When I marked the value down to $50, the duties were reduced to $151. Still seems very excessive. I assume that if shipping damage occurred, the claim would be limited to $50.

Oh ok, thank you for looking into the costs. So would this be the cheapest way to ship internationally? Just a shame that their international shipping rates are so high. Still very interested in your ST600. This is unquestionably the best place on the internet for researching vintage Cannondale bikes! :)

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I was mistaken about year and model. It's a 1988 ST700. The two bikes are nearly identical but perhaps you won't want the older style top tube logo. I still haven't been to where it's stored to measure it but found an old photo on the computer. Taken in low light so it's not very good. As I mentioned before, it's hard to give a definite quote on shipping until the bike is in a box and weighed. I have a little over $300 and 4 hours driving in the bike.
1988 ST700-2.jpg

Oh yeah not a problem at all. I just noticed that the top tube logo on the very early ST series frames was a slightly smaller design. I personally prefer the larger Cannondale font size on the subsequent models (like on yours). Please let me know the total price once you've calculated the shipping charges.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I did get around to checking it. It's a 23", made in April 1988 as I remember. Looking like $1000 shipped to UK but I would have to get it in a box and weighed to know for sure. I think you'd be much better off searching for one in the UK or somewhere that you can easily travel to.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
You might consider flying to Chicago, riding the bike to the east coast and flying home from there. I have no idea on what the airlines charge to carry a bike on an international flight, but it might end up being less expensive than shipping the bike.