Unknown Super V700 SL Year

First off, I am new to this site and a new (Well new for me) Cannondale owner. This is my first Cannondale so I am ignorant to a lot of what Cannondale is. I am familiar with the name but never have owned one. I picked up a Super v700 from my manager at work. I have done quite a bit of research on this bike which has lead me down rabbit hole after rabbit hole leaving me with more questions and few answers. I have taken the bike to a shop here in Virginia Beach to have a tune up done and some other adjustments made. From what I am being told by my shop is that they can do nothing for the front Headshok. I may need to replace either the shock or the entire front fork assembly. I would like to completely restore this bike to its former glory but have no idea where to begin. I am still a little unsure as to what exactly I have and am looking for help. This site has also been recommended by my shop. So, I'm reaching out.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Check out the serial number section to pin down the year of your bike, or post some pictures and I'll have a look. SV700 was made in a number of different model years from at least 1995-2002.

What is wrong with your fork? Mendon Cyclesmith may be able to help.

https://www.mendoncyclesmith.com/

Worst case would be that you have to replace the fork. There are reducer bearings out there to put a straight 1 1/8" fork in a Headshok head tube.