Unknown SR500

Hello Cannondale experts! I hope everyone is doing well in the new year.

I’m currently looking at a white 1980s SR500 and trying to determine what exactly it is. Here are a couple poor quality photos. Group set is Suntour.

Perhaps it’s not an SR500?

Thanks for any help!

D22B3F85-FCC8-42EE-9683-F0B7FECCC927.png
010A7D07-73E4-49D3-8B7A-61C4995C53A5.png

I’ve got some more photos now, but just realized I’ll have to resize them. The forum is saying they are too big.

Quick question… I’m not at all familiar with Suntour. The crankset is Superbe Pro. The chainrings are a kind of coppery color. Is that normal?

3914FD5E-D022-4DC1-8B85-95045E37DDAE.jpeg

The bike has been maintained regularly, and all the replaceables are updated. The previous owner had it for 15 years, and only got rid of it now because he bought a brand new 2024 bike.

The SR500 is clean and straight. No rust or dents. The repaint is not the best though, and looks a lot better from 10 feet away.

Front wheel is on original, rear is a replacement. The “Royal” brake set in black looks fantastic!

Looks to be in great shape and ready to ride!

As to the color of the chain rings. I don’t know. But they look good.
Thanks! I took it for a short spin around the neighborhood yesterday and everything seems good. I’m heading out now for the first “official” ride.

It is ready to ride, but of course I’ll end up spending $350 on pedals, saddle, tires, and grip wrap. LOL