Unknown model

BJT

Hello, I have a Cannondale with serial number 16110486092. Based on information found on his site the head badge indicates it was built between 1983-1989. I acquired this bike in approximately 1992 and the bike was in new condition. When I purchased the bike i was told it may be a concept production bike. The serial number does not match the format shown on this site. Now 30 years later i am trying to figure this out.

The bike has a 26" front wheel and 24" rear wheel. I have not found other Cannondale bikes like this. Can anyone offer an insight as to model and value
badge 2.jpg
badge.jpg
full.jpg
serial.jpg

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like it is a 1987 built in November of '86. As for the paint, not sure if it is original. And it also has 88 decals. I would look at the 97 catalogs and compare parts. A 26x24 is my favorite.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Agree with Brian. 16" frame built on November 4th, 1986 (so surely a 1987 model). The 92nd frame built that day.

Frame color appears to match the SM600 but should have had pink decals. Wouldn't be the first Cannondale to get decals that don't show in the catalog, but I don't know how to tell 1987 decals from 1988. Crank looks like it could be original. Not sure when GripShift was introduced but those are probably later additions. Compare your parts to the '87 SM600 and see if anything matches.

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
Agree with Brian. 16" frame built on November 4th, 1986 (so surely a 1987 model). The 92nd frame built that day.

Frame color appears to match the SM600 but should have had pink decals. Wouldn't be the first Cannondale to get decals that don't show in the catalog, but I don't know how to tell 1987 decals from 1988. Crank looks like it could be original. Not sure when GripShift was introduced but those are probably later additions. Compare your parts to the '87 SM600 and see if anything matches.

I agree if the grey is not metallic, more of a "gloss battle ship grey" It would be a SM600.

88 decals have "®". 87 do not. However, some 87's have it.. haha

....and looking again, maybe the decals are just a faded pink decal...