Tall Texas Riders: Steal this!

Todder

Thanks for posting. If you get to IL some time I'll be happy to let you ride it.

You're not a Texan teasing me!?!? Most join a forum seeking advice (I will be for sure one day) but thought I'd brake the mold. I had many a long thoughts of flying down on miles riding around Austin for a few days and boxing it up yet at 5-10 there's no way I'm riding a 22" and lots of effort for a trade. But wow the condition and Salvation Army! AMAZING! Pay it forward and buy some of the other stuff there will ya helps adults in recovery!

black lightning 1987

Staff member
You're not a Texan teasing me!?!? Most join a forum seeking advice (I will be for sure one day) but thought I'd brake the mold. I had many a long thoughts of flying down on miles riding around Austin for a few days and boxing it up yet at 5-10 there's no way I'm riding a 22" and lots of effort for a trade. But wow the condition and Salvation Army! AMAZING! Pay it forward and buy some of the other stuff there will ya helps adults in recovery!

No, just have connections all around from long time participation on various bike forums. Seeking advice is a valid reason for joining any forum. I've joined numerous forums for advice, but it's tough to keep up with all of them on a regular basis.

I am not sure of the size of the M1000. I think it's more likely to be a 20" than a 22", which is the largest size shown in the 1993 catalog. I hope it's a 22".

Already purchased another item from Austin Salvation Army. Looking at a some guitars but the listed shipping seems way out of line.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Not seeing this post until Friday SUCKS....

Sorry. You are a valuable contributor here and now I am feeling bad about landing it. I have a 1993 M800 and thought the M1000 would be a great stable mate. The eBay listing wasn't very good but if it has the original SunTour XC Comp 8 speed group, that's a huge plus. I haven't checked the 1994 catalog, but I think this bike may be the last SunTour equipped Cannondale model, and I have a soft spot for SunTour. What part of TX do you reside in?

JohnnyD

Why feel bad about landing it??? It deserves to be saved. If anything I am just jealous of you but I know that the bike will live on and not be torn apart to be sold again. I live near the Wichita Falls area.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I thought that if you were close enough to pick it up it wouldn't make a lot of sense to ship it to me. I don't need another bike, just trying to preserve the ones I am interested in and can afford. Doubt that you are going to drive 300 miles to Austin, and likely it won't cost a whole lot more to ship it 1000 miles to me compared to 300 miles to you. I am really interested to see and ride this bike though. I love SunTour stuff and this will be the only original SunTour equipped bike I have ridden since my 1989 SM800 was stolen in 1995.

JohnnyD

LOL, yeah my gas mileage on my truck isn't wonderful. Make sure you let us know how it rides once you receive it and get it tuned up enough to ride.