Super…what?

Perkelino

This bike just found me today. It's my first Cannondale and it's virtually new. I am just not sure what model it is exactly. Research says: 97 built 98 model. The Manitou fork has beed added by the previous owner, that is clear. I guess it is a version of the Super V 2000 FR (full XT build) but what about the Super V SL rear? It's from a Raven, correct?

Thx for your kind help!

Attachments

• IMG_0598.jpeg
    IMG_0598.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 237
  • IMG_0597.jpeg
    IMG_0597.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 199

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Looks to be a 1998 SV900 to me. Color is Split Pea with Speed Yellow swingarm. Would have had a Headshok Fatty D fork originally. Spec was: XT rear derailleur, STX front derailleur, Sachs shifters, Coda crank, LX hubs, Mavic 221 rims, Avid brakes. Be aware that it wasn't unusual for Cannondale to make changes to the parts during a model's run - also that Euro models didn't always match US bikes.

Perkelino

Thx for your answer.
My guess: custom build from a local dealer. Wheels seem to be Cannondale with Sachs/Coda hubs but are radially spoked, stem/bar are Easton, rest is Shimano XT. I guess someone just didn't trust the stock build with disc brakes back then…

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Could well have been built from a frameset, so perhaps why it's lacking the model number decal. The US spec '98 SV900 came with V brakes. Only disc SV that year was the 2000 Freeride.

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
Cannondale did a crash replacement program. These bikes would not have the model number on them. And the Manitou is a 1999. All in all.. you have a cool Super V!

Zachariah

I'd find either a matching, "Reptilian Fade" or "Speed Yellow" Fatty SL Headshok and drop 1.5 pounds off that build.