Wanted Suntour XC Pro parts

Item wanted.

Vintage_bike_basement

Hey all, new project in the collection. I’m looking for XC pro derailleurs, cassette/freehub, and shifters in as close to NOS as I can get. Let me know if anyone has any.

Last edited:

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I probably have a NOS cassette. 7 or 8 speed? Might have hubs but they won't be NOS. What front derailleur - clamp size, standard or Microdrive? Guessing 32 clamp and bottom pull if for a Cannondale.

Vintage_bike_basement

I probably have a NOS cassette. 7 or 8 speed? Might have hubs but they won't be NOS. What front derailleur - clamp size, standard or Microdrive? Guessing 32 clamp and bottom pull if for a Cannondale.
thanks for the reply. I’m doing 7 speed since the plan is a catalogue build from 1991. Yes you are correct 31.8/bottom pull front derailleur. I found a set of wheels but it’s missing the correct micro spline freehub.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I know that I have NOS SunTour 36 hole cassette hubs but they are not XC Pro. Probably 130 mm but I would have to check. 1991 was about the year that SunTour introduced the Microdrive compact crank, but they also made standard (28-38-48, etc) cranks at the same time. The 1991 catalog shows the SE1000 (and SM1000) as mostly XC Comp, with an XC LTD 24-36-46 crank. So no Microdrive Cannondales until the 1992 Delta V 1000 and M1000.

Vintage_bike_basement

I know that I have NOS SunTour 36 hole cassette hubs but they are not XC Pro. Probably 130 mm but I would have to check. 1991 was about the year that SunTour introduced the Microdrive compact crank, but they also made standard (28-38-48, etc) cranks at the same time. The 1991 catalog shows the SE1000 (and SM1000) as mostly XC Comp, with an XC LTD 24-36-46 crank. So no Microdrive Cannondales until the 1992 Delta V 1000 and M1000.
The build is a SE Omega. I have a lead on the cook bros rsr. I already have the seatpost, canti’s and thumbies, flex step, Easton bar, and the XC pro wheelset. But there isn’t a hub on the rear for the cassette. So never working with Suntour before, that’s what I have to figure out.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I do have NOS 7 speed cassettes in 12-28, 12-30, and 13-30. The cassettes with 30T cogs are black, the 12-28 is silver Accushift Plus II.

Vintage_bike_basement

I do have NOS 7 speed cassettes in 12-28, 12-30, and 13-30. The cassettes with 30T cogs are black, the 12-28 is silver Accushift Plus II.
I believe it’s 135mm but I will need to verify. I know the delta v omega is 135 but that’s a newer bike. 13-30 is what I’m looking to do because that was the factory spec. I believe accushift thumbies are used with the XC pro 7 speed setup unless I’m wrong?

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I believe it’s 135mm but I will need to verify. I know the delta v omega is 135 but that’s a newer bike. 13-30 is what I’m looking to do because that was the factory spec. I believe accushift thumbies are used with the XC pro 7 speed setup unless I’m wrong?
Yes but I can't remember what the "Multimount" shifters are other than thumbshifters. SunTour had shifters that mounted directly to the bar and that were mounted to the brake lever in this era. I need to find my SunTour catalogs.

I have several of both the 12-28 and 13-30 cassettes. My guess is that the 12-28 was the standard for Microdrive setups and 13-30 was used with standard cranks. If I were building the bike I would use the silver cassette over the black even if the cog sizes were slightly off spec.