Slice Forks & Dura Ace 7400

Denni

Hi all!

Hope everyone is well.

I have two questions please.

I have browsed the catalogs quite extensively but some info is hard to read, I wondered if anyone has a rundown of all the Slice forks offered on the CAAD series and their quality ranking? I don't know if Cannondale ever offered a specific catalog with this info and pics?

Secondly, will a full Dura Ace 7400 groupset fit on the road CAAD frames, everything from CAAD 5 - Optimo (03/04)?

Many thanks in advance!

black lightning 1987

Staff member
There is a whole range of Slice forks, the early ones were 1" and had threaded steel steer tubes. By 2004 you could get a full carbon Slice SI, but it was 1 1/8" so won't fit the early CAAD frames. I'm not sure if the SI was necessarily higher quality than a Time built fork with a steel steer tube, but it would be considered higher end and certainly is lighter.

7400 will work fine on CAAD5 and later, as long as the frame has a threaded bottom bracket and the 7400 group has STI shifters. I am not aware of a square taper bottom bracket that will fit in a BB30 frame such as a CAAD6, unless one of the old pressed in Klein bottom brackets would work. I believe Cannondale did make a threaded sleeve that could be bonded into the BB30 frames. The last frame with downtube shifter bosses was the CAAD4, and later CAAD4 frames also lacked the bosses.