shipping black lightning

Isaac.owen

im flying back to nz next week and need to give the dimensions and weight of the box im taking to american airlines 72 hours before i fly but i wont have the bike or the box in that timeframe.

im looking at using the Bikeflights box as the dimensions; 43"x 11" x 32" am pretty sure a Large size black lightning should fit in here no?

any suggestions on what the packed bike would be? i think ballpark is ok, would rather be over than under on check in.

thanks in advance all!
Isaac

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of bike company's these days use smaller boxes. Where both rims are besides the frame, crank off. At least in my area. The standard old school box is probably that size, and will fit. You might also be able to take a bike bag on american airlines. I would ask them.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I would think that size box is plenty big if wheels are placed alongside the frame. I always preferred to leave the rear wheel in the frame and put the front wheel alongside the frame on the non drive side. You're looking at about 10" longer box to do that. Advantage is that they will have a hard time destroying the rear triangle when packed that way.