Saeco Caad5

Huub Duijn

Hello Cannondale fans,

Bought myself a Saeco teambike online.
I have been searching online, from which year the bike was.
Can´t figure it out perfectly, as it is a Caad5 (sticker on frame) and with the red/black Time slice fork, it should from 2000/2001/2002?

I know it needs some love, with a cinelli to start. But it´s a little easier if I know the original build etc.

Most years the team was riding Shimano, but this one has the campa sticker on it, so I guess the team was riding campa in this period?

It´s probably a replica bike, but again, I can´t really figure it out from searching on the web.
Cannondale 1.jpeg
Cannondale 2.jpeg
Cannondale 3.jpeg

Hope some could help me figure it out, really appreciate it!!

black lightning 1987

Staff member
The CAAD5 frame was introduced in 2001. Look for a 2 letter code on the bottom bracket: L = 2000 production, M = 2001; January = A, February = B, etc. The team was riding with Campagnolo that year and the R5000 Si Team Replica bike came with a Record group (except for a Hollogram BB30 crankset) and Nucleon wheels. The R5000 was a CAAD6 frame with the BB30 shell. That was the only difference from the CAAD5 as far as I know. Interesting that your bike has Spinergy wheels. The last US bike that came them was the 1999 Saeco replica. If you decide to switch to Campagnolo I can help you identify parts that fit the year.