Red Shred ISO

hAROLD

I'm in search of a Cannondale Red Shred reasonably priced in any condition from salvageable to excellent. <countdiberville@gmail.com>

hAROLD

Will keep it in mind, though I've never seen one. Beast of the East is very similar and seems easier to find.
Thanks much. Only a Red Shred will do as I'm trying to replace one I had years ago. BTW, I have an '86 black lightning, in fact it's the one in my profile picture.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I guessed that you were trying to replace one you owned in the past. I've been trying to find an '89 SM800 ever since mine was stolen in 1995. Have never seen another. I would be very interested to know production numbers of Cannondale MTB/road/touring/hybrid in the 80s/90s.

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
I guessed that you were trying to replace one you owned in the past. I've been trying to find an '89 SM800 ever since mine was stolen in 1995. Have never seen another. I would be very interested to know production numbers of Cannondale MTB/road/touring/hybrid in the 80s/90s.

My 87 SM800 was stolen in 2013 and found about 6 months later, destroyed. I have only the frame now. I always think, some day I will restore it. The fork missing is the killer. :)

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
I have a 21" Red Shred I am ready to sell. Its is basically all original and its very very good shape. PM me if anybody is interested.