Potential value of a "transition" CAAD4 frame

Brabaia

Hi to all!

According to a post wrote on the "what is my Cannondale" section, I discover I bought vintage Cannondale MTB in the following conditions (sorry no pics yet the bike now is at home and I'm not)

• CAAD4 frame in Volvo livery, no any sticker about the model (F700?)
  • Frame built in 1998 (june), probably a 1999 model
  • Fatty D fork, Coda components (brakes and rotors, stem, handlebar)
  • disk mount only, no canti brakes mount on the frame
  • cable guide only for canti brakes on the top tube, no cable guide for disks in the whole frame
So this frame is a "factory" blend from a transition period for brake mounts, which means I have no idea if this condition is a good thing or not for the value itself of the frame

Can anybody help me about that? Thanks!

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I wouldn't put any extra value on it for the transitional aspect, even though it's interesting. More to the point would be condition and parts build. The closest model in the 1999 catalog would be the F900, mostly because of the fork. It was LX/XT with a Coda crank and Hayes cable operated disc brakes. The F2000 was called the "Volvo/Cannondale World Cup weapon of choice", and had the Coda disc brakes and crank with XT/XTR derailleurs, SRAM shifters, and the Fatty SL fork. There's a nice F2000 with Shimano brakes (2001?) on ebay right now for $950. It has 18 watchers but as yet no buyer. It was listed previously at the same price but the listing expired so I'm guessing it's a bit overpriced.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16-Cannond...143027?hash=item1cd8f6e373:g:6DQAAOSwMT1dczBU