Newbie!

Davecara

Hi Folks,
Always lusted after Cannondales in the 90's but couldnt ever afford one, so now I'm collecting them it seems!
Bagged myself a rough around the edges 98 F900 complete bike, thats going Viper Red with XTR and correct CODA bits hopefully.

Just picked up what i think is a 99 F1000 frame in purpleen but its rough, I'm going to soda blast it and see what its like. If thats OK then thats going Volvo blue, maybe with a modern 1x group on it

Got a 2011 Jekyll custom build for the rough stuff, a 2009 CAAD8 for boring days on the turbo and a 2012 Synapse for long sunny days!

Hopefully learn some more on here and find some spares!

Davecara

Little update to this, the F1000 frame is very crusty and lots of white residue is appearing from under the paint the deeper I get into it. Ive a friend who has access to all kinds of metal testing kit so its gone to him to be looked at and make sure its still safe.
The F900 is still going Viper red but is being built up as a homage to Martyn Ashton the Ex Volvo Cannondale trails rider, someone i've looked up to throughout my riding days and continue to do so.
So I've got shopping to do and rare parts to source and undoubtably many many scammers to avoid, 6 just yesterday on facebook trying to sell me a stem for $300!!

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Salt can really accelerate aluminum corrosion. A friend had an aluminum Specialized with severe corrosion under the front derailleur clamp. I hope your frame isn't too badly corroded.