NEW Shift Brake cable housing set. What are you using?

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
Where and what brand housing are you guys getting? I have noticed in the past year, sets are getting hard to find. On Amazon in the USA. There is really only Jagwire and Shimano. I have used Jagwire in the past, but recently I have noticed that Jagwire shift and brake are different colors even if it is the same... if that makes sense.

I just bought a Shimano shift and brake separate.. the prices have gone up...

and I need to do 3 more bikes..

Just was wondering what everybody else is using...

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I have bulk rolls of black BBB brake and derailleur housing and another roll of grey brake housing. The grey is a good match for grey Shimano derailleur housing. There used to be a supplier in AZ who carried BBB but I've lost track of him. As I recall if you look closely at the BBB housing you can see the imprint of the maker. Probably Jagwire or Clarks, I'll have to check. BBB stuff is more common in the UK. I'm working off old stock of Shimano, BBB, and Campagnolo and haven't made any recent purchases.

JohnnyD

I used Jagwire on both my bikes recently. I have not noticed any color differences between the brake or shift cable housings.
Granted that might be because I used the Pro 1x and 2x shift cable kits as well as Pro brake cable kit. With today's lack of decent quality control on almost every product. I can see the possibility of a slight color mismatch happening though. Especially, when you purchase housing in a bulk kit. I paid about $21 for the 1x kit and $30 each for the 2x shift and brake kits. A bit pricey but I got everything I needed to replace all the cables and housing on my M700 as well as setting up the 1x setup on the Jekyll so for me the price was worth it.