Need Help Identifying

Emre Enercan

Hello everyone. My dad uncovered his old bike from the storage depot. I would really appreciate if someone could help me identify the model. It appears to have full XTR groupset, however I could not find any information regarding to the model on the frame (maybe it has been worn out with the paint, it never got re-painted since the 90s.). It was imported from USA back in the mid 90s. As far as I know, everything except the tires are stock.

Thanks!

Attachments

• b.jpeg
    b.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 112

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I'm going to need more and better pictures. 1997 was the first year for V brakes on Cannondales. That year the STX RC equipped M700 was the highest level model that had a quill stem.

Emre Enercan

I'm going to need more and better pictures. 1997 was the first year for V brakes on Cannondales. That year the STX RC equipped M700 was the highest level model that had a quill stem.
Thank you so much for your reply! Which parts of the bike would you need to be detailed in pictures? Anywhere specific?

black lightning 1987

Staff member
If it's in the model year range that I suspect, there should be a 2 letter date code stamped in the bottom bracket shell. Have a look at the serial numbers page. Good pictures of the decals and paint would help. I'm thinking it's unlikely that the XTR parts are original, unless the bike started out as a frameset. That might explain why there is no model designation on it.

Emre Enercan

If it's in the model year range that I suspect, there should be a 2 letter date code stamped in the bottom bracket shell. Have a look at the serial numbers page. Good pictures of the decals and paint would help. I'm thinking it's unlikely that the XTR parts are original, unless the bike started out as a frameset. That might explain why there is no model designation on it.

well, sorry for a late reply, but thank you so much for all the help. I dated it to may of 1995 according to the serial stamps.

Thanks once again for the help!