Martyn Ashton homage build

Davecara

Hi Folks. Ive got a couple of the go but i thought i'd share this one first.
No build pics yet as I'm still in the process of hunting parts down but I've a few taster/teaser pictures!

The bike in question is a 10 foot F900. looks great from 10 feet away but its a bit of a dog up close. Decals on order and going away to be painted Viper red

1683100176594.png

Attachments

• 1683100338793.png
    1683100338793.png
    597.4 KB · Views: 60

Davecara

If youre not familiar with Martyn Ashton then I highly recommend looking him up, hes has been and continues to be an inspiration to many many people
Parts sourced so far:
Azonic World force bars - need restoring, still hunting for NOS
Sachs Wavey shifters sourced NOS
Magura HS33 raceline D - in the process of being restored
Red Hope Fatsno front hub - might not be using yet
Red Hope Suspension/TiGlide Disc hubs - Martyn used these without the discs fitted around 97/98
Sun Mammoth fat rims - I know martyn would have used Rhyno Lite XL generally but Ive already got these and I'm confident he will have used them at some point!

Still to find:
Kore Elite Stem to fit the headshok
Sachs Quarz rear derailleur
Coda 900 Cranks - although I'll be using a Middleburn set until i find some at a reasonable price
Kore seatpin
Hope seatcoller
Yellow Flie saddle
IRC Tyres

Davecara

1683105208574.png

Strip down the chipped/faded/scratched maguras..
1683105241422.png

Got these in primer yesterday, scotch tonight and then paint and await new decals

JohnnyD

I've always loved that color on Magura's. It's going to look so good on a Viper Red bike.
Martyn still professes his love for Cannondale bikes whenever they do a bike vault segment on the GMBN Dirt Shed show. He is the main reason I watch it too.

Davecara

I've always loved that color on Magura's. It's going to look so good on a Viper Red bike.
Martyn still professes his love for Cannondale bikes whenever they do a bike vault segment on the GMBN Dirt Shed show. He is the main reason I watch it too.
I think a lot of that stems from when he had his accident, Cannondale were right up there helping to fund his recovery. Even 15+ years since they parted company

purpurite

View attachment 10339
Strip down the chipped/faded/scratched maguras..
View attachment 10340
Got these in primer yesterday, scotch tonight and then paint and await new decals

For what it's worth, if you are painting them in fluorescent yellow like the originals and not having them powdercoated, you need to use a white primer basecoat before the fluorescent coat if you want the color to really POP. Otherwise, it's a dingy color with no "glow."