m1000 owner in NY :)

Hi All, Ill post pics when I can but just wanted to say hi and indicate that I will be looking for help in getting a threadless 26" pepperoni with a 1.25" steerer, including the 1.25" star nut! I need it for my 91/92 m1000...I just need to get a length. and will post up properly once I have that.

Still love my bike after all these years and cant wait to get it running again. I got it and had it tricked out at Larrys and Jeffs in NYC on 81st and 3rd I think...Still on there is the original Suntour Micro-Drive drive train, Ringle Moby Post, Pulstars and alternating blue and purple anodized spoke nipples :p

Happy to have found this place!

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Sounds like a great bike. Did you find a later threadless fork? I think 1994 may have been the only year for threadless 1 1/4" steerers.

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

Welcome. the 1 1/4 forks were threaded. Also, your M1000 has a special paint, and to patch that is the key.

Please post a picture of your M1000, and the size. I might have the matching fork. (fingers crossed)

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Brian, check out the 1994 catalog. Killer Vs definitely had 1 1/4" threadless forks. I'm thinking 1994 was the first year for threadless and the last year for 1 1/4".

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
Brian, check out the 1994 catalog. Killer Vs definitely had 1 1/4" threadless forks. I'm thinking 1994 was the first year for threadless and the last year for 1 1/4".

Sorry, I meant to say 91/92 are threaded. ... however 91 is 1" I forget about 92.

lets get a photo of the bike so we know what year it is.

Sounds like a great bike. Did you find a later threadless fork? I think 1994 may have been the only year for threadless 1 1/4" steerers.
Hi thanks for the '94 info. Yes, like a fool I threw out the stock fork when I upgraded to a manitou3, and then i did buy a threadless front fork off ebay, but my old mechanic cut it too short by 1/4" so now it has a problem with the stem and likely is unsafe, according to the new mechanic who refuses to work on it as a result. Who knows maybe I can have a welder lengthen the steerer by a little? Pics soon!

black lightning 1987

Staff member
It would require some custom machining, but you could have a quill adapter made to lengthen the steerer. Essentially it would be the same thing as the adapters that allow you to put a threadless stem on a threaded fork, but the OD of the top section would be 1 1/4", the same as the steerer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Origin8-St...129381&hash=item340c199812:g:O00AAOSwKEtc9yTD

The only ones I have seen are for converting a 1" fork to take a 1 1/8" threadless stem.