Looks like an 89 SR

IdahoBrett

A for sale ad has me trying to play detective. Sort of. The bike looks to be a 1989 SR 3.0 framed bike. But doesn’t have an aluminum fork. Swapped? Possibly, since brakes and rear derailleur seem to be not the originals. It has a Dura ace crank like a SR2000. But Campagnolo FD like a 900.

Pics:

IMG_0576.jpeg
IMG_0569.jpeg
IMG_0570.jpeg
IMG_0571.jpeg
IMG_0568.jpeg
IMG_0567.jpeg
IMG_0572.jpeg
IMG_0576.jpeg

Last edited:

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Such an odd mix of components that don't fit any bike I remember. But they are all nice parts, especially the DA crank and the Mavic hubs. Paint does look like an 89 SR2000 and the DA crank is right for it. The Huret derailleur is really odd for this bike.

IdahoBrett

I’m definitely no expert, still trying to figure out the fork. I messaged the seller. But not much info was known or given.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
As I recall, the upper end road bikes had an AL fork and the lower end steel Tange forks. This could be an SR400 (Mystic Blue) with a bunch of (everything) component changes. Ask what the rims are. Those Mavic hubs are highly desirable.

IdahoBrett

As I recall, the upper end road bikes had an AL fork and the lower end steel Tange forks. This could be an SR400 (Mystic Blue) with a bunch of (everything) component changes. Ask what the rims are. Those Mavic hubs are highly desirable.
Ahh yes I missed that color. I shall message him again. Wish I had a better way to get a bike from there. I need to stop looking. But I can’t help myself. Especially when this bike is only $100.