Is this a F800?

Dirk-Jan

Does anybody know what bike this is?

cannondale.png

I noticed it for sale, for little. On the same parket place I saw a very similar bike (much more expensive), it was called F800 SL. Is it that one? Where can I find the specs of this bike? What does the "optimo" stand for?

The wheels look like they have been replaced?

Thanks!

black lightning 1987

Staff member
It's tough to pin down these Euro spec bikes that don't appear in the USA catalogs - other than the Optimo frames were usually on the top two or three F series models in any given year, starting in 2003. The mid and lower models had CAAD5 or CAAD4 frames in 2003 and Furio or Verso frames in 2004. From the fork decal, I'd call that a 2004 bike. The closest USA model would be the F2000SL, which was an Optimo frame with Shimano XT. I don't recall seeing those wheels in the catalogs but it's hard to guess what might have been original on a Euro spec bike. Cannondale often substituted components that weren't shown in the catalogs even on bikes sold in the USA.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I'm not sure what the 98 means on the linked bike but it's good to see that the paint was factory original. There should be a single letter on the bar code sticker that will give the year of manufacture. As I recall, it's P for 2004, R for 2005, etc. See the serial number page (click on home page above for serial number information and catalogs).

Most cross country Cannondale MTBs in those years came with Cannondale hubs and Mavic rims or Mavic Crossmax wheels. I don't know the Eastons but do have some of their road wheels, which have been fine.

I hope you can make the purchase. I'd love to have that bike myself.

Dirk-Jan

Thanks! The original wheels:

cannondale2.png

The 98 is the exhibition number :D The site says it is from around 2006.

I found the same bike here (Dutch market place). That's a F800SL, so I guess this is too? However the parts on that bike are different, for example FSA vs XT cranks.

Seller sent me this type number: "B1-0302", but that does not tell me anything.

Seller is asking 200 euros but it is unclear to me how much needs to be done to this bike. Do you think this bike is an improvement to my F700? I currently own a similar bike to this: https://community.vintagecannondale.com/showcase/2001-cannondale-f700.2147/

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Interesting that neither bike has a model number decal. Perhaps an online Euro 2004 catalog exists that would establish the model for certain.

I'd guess that it might be slightly lighter than your F700 but I doubt the performance would be much different. A bargain at 200 though.

Ziergiebel

I think it is a 2006 Cannondale F2000 SL. Like it was already mentioned the Optimo frame was used for the top end bikes only. Look at these two photos attached, these are without a doubt F2000 SL from 2006 - the frame design looks exactly the same for me (with a different color).

F2000SL_2006_blue.jpg

F2000SL_2006_orange.jpg

and from the 2006 EU catalogue you can find this:

F2000 SL Katalog.png