Hi every body from Sunderland uk

Rokerrite

hi just been getting a super v, frame number denotes a 96 bike, but can’t find it anywhere, it has shadow lettering, no decals apart from the shadow c at front, Headshok head rear of seat post, and Cannondale shadow lettering down
CAA31FC1-3EB1-4934-95C2-A9347D69D4A8.jpeg
539B7A75-7938-4939-BBC0-BD5ED6FDB014.jpeg
AB8F0FDC-CF9A-47DF-9683-7954800985DF.jpeg
the main tube, it has all xt running gear, crank, shifters, hubs every thing in fact, it had fatty 70 forks but now not working so have been changed to bomber mx lo,s, does anybody know what model this is, any help is appreciated.
Thanks John

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I couldn't find anything that's a match in the catalogs. Most all 1996-7 SV models came with Coda cranks and GripShift or Sachs shifters. Rims were generally Sun on the lower models and Mavic 220 on the upper models. Perhaps your bike was built from a frameset. Paint on framesets could vary from production models. Volvo team frames were always Viper Red, so I'd guess you could always get that color on a frameset in that period.

Rokerrite

4313DF2A-0FEC-4A62-B7D4-945E15368724.jpeg
FB626242-5AB5-4BB8-B69D-0D0FA81D23A5.jpeg
V
I couldn't find anything that's a match in the catalogs. Most all 1996-7 SV models came with Coda cranks and GripShift or Sachs shifters. Rims were generally Sun on the lower models and Mavic 220 on the upper models. Perhaps your bike was built from a frameset. Paint on framesets could vary from production models. Volvo team frames were always Viper Red, so I'd guess you could always get that color on a frameset in that period.

Hi thx for the help, the old man I bought it off is adamant it’s all as he bought it apart from the Shox, but
He says it was around 2000 when he bought it new , ( he’s getting on so could be wrong I suppose ) could it of been a case of using up parts and frames to get rid of the surplus, otherwise like you I’m stumped .ive taken a pic of the numbers I’m taking the year as November 96 they look like HK .
Thx for your help.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Tough to read those BB stamps but it does look like HK from here. November 96 would be 1997 model year. Sorry but I can't add anything to what I said earlier. We seem to get a lot of bikes from Europe that don't match the USA spec. Oddly, yours doesn't look like anything in the 1997 Europe catalog either.

Rokerrite

Tough to read those BB stamps but it does look like HK from here. November 96 would be 1997 model year. Sorry but I can't add anything to what I said earlier. We seem to get a lot of bikes from Europe that don't match the USA spec. Oddly, yours doesn't look like anything in the 1997 Europe catalog either.

No problem thankyou for your time and help John