Hello

TheSuperV

Hi, I'm Julian from Grimsby, UK.

Bought my 1st Super V (a 400) as a spur-of-the-moment thing whilst on a long weekend in New York in 1997! It was fun getting it back to the UK! In 2000, I bought a 2nd Super V - a Freeride 700.

Loved them both. But for some reason, I fell out of love with them and after buying a F500 in 2004, I sold both... which I came to regret.

Two years ago (start of mid-life crises on the cheap - or so I thought), I bought a Super V 900 frame, and have been slowly collecting other parts since (Jekyll swingarm, MotoFR forks amongst other things). I realised my complete lack of experience with bike building was meaning I was getting nowhere trying to build my own, so managed to buy a complete Super V that is still rideable. I still aim to complete the build though... one day.

Quick question: That last Super V I bought is labelled "Super V Series", so I have no idea what model it is. Looking at the catalogues, I think it's similar to the Iris Blue Super V 400 from 1999. Does anyone know why Cannondale sold these "Super V Series" bikes?

Also: Just saw 26Ninety's two gallery posts of his Super Vs - hope mine could turn out half as good as his...

Thanks

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Welcome, Julian. Keep at the Super V build. You will get there.

My guess is that they were either sold new as framesets, or were used to replace frames under warranty. Since the frames were identical under the paint across several models, it would have made sense to leave the model numbers off.