Headshok Ultra DL80 Parts - Split Ring

BethZ

Anyone know of where I might find this? I serviced my Headshok and lost one of the split ring pieces. I can't believe I lost it! I've tried CannondaleExperts and scoured the web. Failing that, I will need to replace the Headshok with a different fork. In that case, any recommendations? Not looking to spend alot, just want to get back on the bike. Thanks!

Attachments

• Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 61
  • Pic 2.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 54

BethZ

Hi IdahoBrett. Yes, thanks! I sent an email off to them and waiting to hear back. In the meantime, I’m looking for a replacement fork. I would hate to have to replace the original fork, but a newer, more modern suspension fork would probably make it more fun to ride.

IdahoBrett

Hi IdahoBrett. Yes, thanks! I sent an email off to them and waiting to hear back. In the meantime, I’m looking for a replacement fork. I would hate to have to replace the original fork, but a newer, more modern suspension fork would probably make it more fun to ride.
I put some thought into that as well as I gathered the parts and tooling to do a service on my Headshok. The "what if" I screw this up, what next? I didn't go too deep on research. But from what I gather I'll need headstock adapters. Due to Cannondale's proprietary dimensions in order to run an off the shelf fork. True?

BethZ

I believe you are correct that adapters are needed. I’m wondering if it is worth it myself to just upgrade to another fork.

IdahoBrett

I believe you are correct that adapters are needed. I’m wondering if it is worth it myself to just upgrade to another fork.
Well service kits are still available. Stock up? I'm thinking I should.

I've got a lefty that I can't get a service kit for. I can find a shop that still has them like Mendon, if no LBS has them. Or change it out. And at this point that isn't an option. One of the biggest reasons for getting my Prophet was the Lefty....

IdahoBrett

I heard back from Craig. He won’t sell me the part but said he would do a full-service on the fork, including replacing the missing split ring. I’m guessing it’s going to cost half of what a new, decent front suspension fork will. Maybe time to invest in a new front fork (or a 3D printer)?
Looking at his site I saw it was 85 bucks for a service and he covers return shipping (I think). Not bad, but shipping might be costly.

Biohmmwv

What is the split ring for? Is it made of aluminum or plastic? I haven't encountered it on my super fatty or dd50 shocks.

JohnnyD

Anyone know of where I might find this? I serviced my Headshok and lost one of the split ring pieces. I can't believe I lost it! I've tried CannondaleExperts and scoured the web. Failing that, I will need to replace the Headshok with a different fork. In that case, any recommendations? Not looking to spend alot, just want to get back on the bike. Thanks!

While I don't know of anyplace that has that part available, so I am unable to help you. I will say that I do hope you can find it, or get the fork serviced. That F4 is just SO nice looking still that I would hate to see an after market fork on it. I'd have to do some research on which ones out there would fit that have the correct (or very close to correct) axle to crown length. If you do go that route you will need to pick up an adapter kit. KP058 is the one for a 1 1/8" strait steer tube fork. I'll send you the link to the YouTube video that walks you through it... The hardest part in my opinion in installing a fork is the installation of the crown race on the fork itself. The exception is of course installing Headshok and Lefty forks since they are just a bit more involved.

That said, I am impressed you serviced your HeadShok! What happened to the timid friend who was too nervous to convert that bike to 12 speed??????