Greetings from Switzerland, I need your HELP !

David Disperati

Dear All Cannondale's fans,

My name is David. I'm 42 from Switzerland.

I am happy to discover that there are many Cannondale Vintage fans around the world. I thought I was the only one ;):D

I knew Cannondale in 1991 when I was 14.

After working a whole summer, I wanted to buy a scooter or a small motorcycle. But my father, who was afraid of motorcycles, did not want to buy any.

He told me: I can give you more money if you buy a good mountain bike.

I started to find out which were the best bikes. And, of course, I found Cannondale.

Already in 1991, these bikes were advantageous. With the aluminum frame and their incomparable design.

It was with my Cannondale SM400 that I enjoyed cycling.

When I was a teenager, I had a lot of problems with my dad. When I was in bad mood, I took my Cannondale and was able to ride all day without stopping.

It's thanks to my Cannondale (and Snowboard too) that I did not go down.

I would need hundreds of pages to tell all the good memories I had with my Cannondale.

Unfortunately this bike was stolen. I want more than anything to buy one.

Can you help me ?

I do not know if some members of this forum have a Cannondale SM 400 from 1991.

I would like so much to buy back the same. I live in Europe. But if a bike is on sale in the USA, I can easily handle the transport.

You will find below a photo of a SM400.

It is not the current value of the bike that is important to me, but its sentimental value.

I hope you can help me find an owner who sells his bike.

David

818964d1374730589-cannondale-sm-400-sm400.jpg

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome! I have a 1991 SM400 in perfect condition for sale. PM me and we can work it out! :)

David Disperati

Hi guys. I've find a M400 in Black. I would like to re-paint the Bike in Bright Blue. In 1992, the M400 was available in 2 colours. Black and Bright Blue.

Does anyone know the colour code of the Bright Blue?

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I'm guessing you are going to have to find an automotive paint store that will match the paint as closely as they can. Not sure if they can get very close from a photo.

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
I am glad we figured out you had a 1992 and you found a 1992. As for the paint match. You may not get exact. It may have to be a trial and error. Or go off memory as close as you can remember.

When you get started, please post a rebuild thread in the rebuild section so we can watch and help as you rebuild.