DSC02248.jpg
DSC02249.jpg
DSC02250.jpg
DSC02253.jpg
DSC02254.jpg
DSC02259.jpg
DSC02260.jpg
DSC02262.jpg
The time has come to let go of my wife's mountain bike. Back in 1986 my wife and I went to our local bike store (Town & Cyclery in Northville MI) and purchased two brand new Cannondale mountain bikes. I went for the SM500 and my wife liked the appeal of the SM600 with the 24 inch smaller rear wheel (front wheel is 26 inch). She figured she'd have an edge on me with the greater maneuverability of the rear wheel. By the way, the serial number is CC 159. The photos speak for themselves as to authenticity and excellent condition of her bike. Many years ago we had to put her bike up on the garage rack after she had problems with knees and eventually had a right hip replacement. You'll notice from the pictures that I replaced the handle bars so she could sit in a more upright position, but I kept the original handle bars and they'll be included with the sale of the bike. Just as an aside, at my young age of 76 I'm still going strong with my SM500 serial #20021986168. For you young guys, these bikes were pretty expensive "in the day" as I paid $600 apiece for them. yes the original bill of sale goes with the bike. The price of the bike today is the same as it was in 1986...I'll let it go for $600 plus $100 for the cost of shipping unless you'd like to pick it up in Michigan. Hope you really enjoy the pictures. Again please note the excellent condition which is credited to my ex-US Army maintenance habits.

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
Wow. It looks brand new. good luck on the sale. And you should post some pictures of your SM500 in the gallery for us to see. :)

Vic Leo

View attachment 3827 View attachment 3828 View attachment 3829 View attachment 3830 View attachment 3831 View attachment 3832 View attachment 3834 View attachment 3835 View attachment 3836 The time has come to let go of my wife's mountain bike. Back in 1986 my wife and I went to our local bike store (Town & Cyclery in Northville MI) and purchased two brand new Cannondale mountain bikes. I went for the SM500 and my wife liked the appeal of the SM600 with the 24 inch smaller rear wheel (front wheel is 26 inch). She figured she'd have an edge on me with the greater maneuverability of the rear wheel. By the way, the serial number is CC 159. The photos speak for themselves as to authenticity and excellent condition of her bike. Many years ago we had to put her bike up on the garage rack after she had problems with knees and eventually had a right hip replacement. You'll notice from the pictures that I replaced the handle bars so she could sit in a more upright position, but I kept the original handle bars and they'll be included with the sale of the bike. Just as an aside, at my young age of 76 I'm still going strong with my SM500 serial #20021986168. For you young guys, these bikes were pretty expensive "in the day" as I paid $600 apiece for them. yes the original bill of sale goes with the bike. The price of the bike today is the same as it was in 1986...I'll let it go for $600 plus $100 for the cost of shipping unless you'd like to pick it up in Michigan. Hope you really enjoy the pictures. Again please note the excellent condition which is credited to my ex-US Army maintenance habits.

Vic Leo

Brian,
Thanks for your comment. Sorry for delayed response but I'm trying to figure out the web site and how to navigate it....my generation only wrote letters and made telephone calls! Vic