FOR SALE: 1986 Cannondale SR800 (coral, 58cm)

Kat King

Looking to sell a gorgeous 1986 SR800 (coral, 58cm). I absolutely adore the bike - it was gifted to me by a friend when he moved out of town since I was constantly commenting on it. Sadly he is taller than I am and the bike is not a good fit for me. I've done some research to figure out vintage, model, etc., and it's been a blast.

Have ridden the bike a bit despite the size incompatibility - it's a fun one. Could use some cosmetic work here and there but a beaut as-is, super fast and responsive.

Photo attached. $500 + shipping, open to offers.

Attachments

• IMG_7696.jpeg
    IMG_7696.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 310
Last edited:

Kat King

Tempting... Can you confirm the size? Original fork isn't still hanging around is it?
It measures 58cm but the serial number (which is pretty faded) looks on a second take like a 56. Sadly the original fork has moved on - the one pictured above is a later addition.

Hope this helps!

black lightning 1987

Staff member
A 58 cm frame measures right at 612 mm from center of BB to top of seat tube. I have heard people say center of BB to top of seat tube minus one inch, but by my measurement it's closer to 1 1/8" (32 mm). The frame I measured is clearly stamped 58.