FOR SALE : 1983 Cannondale SM500

jeskewich

Hello All - I have a very unique vintage 1983 SM500 16" with 24" wheels that I purchased new at BikeSmith's in Bloomington, IN back before mountain biking was commonly understood. It is with a heavy heart that I search for a new caretaker of my baby. I've just begun pursuing an avenue for selling her; this is my first stop, so if any of you fine people have suggestions and/or thoughts to help a brother out, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. Back in the early '90s I stripped the paint and have adorned her with new components as my riding aspirations evolved. Currently has Shimano Deore rear, and a Suntour XC front, derailleurs. I've got a thin-ride saddle and rear rack with totter satchel for commuting. Chain, tires and grips need replaced, but other features are in excellent shape. I'm happy to provide any details you may wish, but since I've been away from mountain biking a few years, I may be a bit un-hip with lingo and trendy-talk. lol I hope some of you may be of assistance in steering my baby to it's new home. Thanks!

https://vintagecannondale.com/year/1983/1983.pdf

Attachments

• unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 229
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 214
  • unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 203
  • unnamed (4).jpg