F900 SL, Super Fatty Ultra DL,

MikeA

Not a problem, he doesn't need to install it. When you get the damper back, this will fit right over the spring. Then fit the air piston in the end of the the damper shaft and assemble it into the air cylinder, which will fit right up to that collar. Then the whole assembly can be threaded into the steerer.

Jim76

Not a problem, he doesn't need to install it. When you get the damper back, this will fit right over the spring. Then fit the air piston in the end of the the damper shaft and assemble it into the air cylinder, which will fit right up to that collar. Then the whole assembly can be threaded into the steerer.

I like that, thanks MikeA !!

Zachariah

Repeat..... do not disturb the needle bearings and races. Bearing migration re-alignment is the most fiddly part of the fork service!

Last edited:

Jim76

Repeat..... do not disturb the bearing and races. Bearing migration re-alignment is the most fiddly part of the fork service!

Im not gonna touch them, they slide easy enough and no signs of rust. I can see em there with the damper taken out, when you say do not disturb you mean dont remove ? see photo in #13, there is a bit of movement on them races I can push em down slightly to line em all up !