Chris Germany - M1000

Sixxxler

Hey guys
I am Chris from Frankfurt Germany. I am an vintage Cannondale lover :)
I have a question due to my new bike.
I bought a m1000 with s special Frame which I couldn't find in any catalog. I think it's from the beginning of the 90th. The frame was used in the killer v series and I could find a m400 with this kind of frame.
Can anyone help me to classify my bike.
Thanks to all of you and sorry for my bad English :)
Best regards

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210507_064345.jpg
    Screenshot_20210507_064345.jpg
    423.2 KB · Views: 101

chumaman

My 2 c...the frame is small and they used to offer them in a killer version, the color is gunmetal metallic 1993 ... M1000
and the first killers are in the 1994 catalog....probably some early among the catalog piece nothing strange for Cannondale ;)
after all, the serial number could be an indicator for you .. early 1994 or late 1993

Sixxxler

My 2 c...the frame is small and they used to offer them in a killer version, the color is gunmetal metallic 1993 ... M1000
and the first killers are in the 1994 catalog....probably some early among the catalog piece nothing strange for Cannondale ;)
after all, the serial number could be an indicator for you .. early 1994 or late 1993
Thanks for your quick answer.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Looks to be in great condition. Does it have SunTour XC Comp components?

I agree with chumaman, looks to be a 1993 M1000 with a KV frame - which doesn't show in the catalogs. Note that they had been building the Delta V frames for a couple of years, so the design was already in production except for changing the head tube to accept a rigid fork. Is your steerer tube 1 1/4"?