Cannondale Quick

rickpaulos

hack rebuild to make this urban hybrid in to a gravel bike.

Serials on the bb shell is ICC09G0296 & G7739M1 .

I see there are many versions of the Quick. any help on the year and exact model please.
The woman who rode up on it wasn't tall enough and there were no working brakes.
45 mm tires. ~44 t chainring and a bigger 1st gear cog (48?).

52857416269_d5b53efd62_b.jpg

Last edited:

black lightning 1987

Staff member
The frame looks like a 2009 Quick 5 but the fork doesn't match the tig welded steel fork shown in the catalog. Fork looks like the 2010 Fatty. V on the bar code sticker translates to 2010 production. So it's perhaps a 2010 Quick that somehow got 2009 decals.

What's the standover height?

rickpaulos

XL frame decal. So here is the 2009 catalog geometry chart. With a sloping top tube I suppose you measure the standover mid-top tube. The bike is in storage for the time being. I'll try to get some closeups of the fork and measure it next time. Broken spoke in the rear wheel and the rim is bent. Crazy gearing. Kenda 700 x 42cm tires.

I might strip it down and offer the frameset to someone to build a gravel bike. My other mechanic may want to rebuild it as a hybrid.

Attachments

• 2009.Cannondale.page 101.Quick.geometry.jpg
    2009.Cannondale.page 101.Quick.geometry.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 50

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I think it would make a nice gravel bike, not like I need another. I might be interested though. Top tubes seem really long on these frames. Normally I like the largest MTB/hybrid size but the 62 cm top tube on the Jumbo sounds like a stretch.

JohnnyD

I've been thinking of building myself a gravel bike lately since there are a crap ton of gravel roads/trails in this part of Texas.....I was considering finding a 2010+ish Scalpel... But now I think I might look at some quick frames