CANNONDALE Px3 Crankset

JohnnyD

Anyone have any information on this crankset?
I'm contemplating on buying a good, lightly used one. I can't find much info on them though. I'm curious about what spindle length I'd need on the BB, BCD, pinned or ramped chainrings etc...
The lack of information on Cannondale's website for archived parts is so frustrating, so any help would be appreciated.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I don't know a lot about them but I have a drive side arm here. I believe it's 94/58 BCD. It's square taper but they may have been made in Octalink or ISIS as well. Is the one you are looking at square taper? I don't have any loose rings that are the right bolt circle diameter, but I might have a crank on a built bike that I could rob rings and check chainline. But if you are looking at a square taper crank, I wouldn't worry too much about spindle length. When I have that question, I screw in a 113 BB hand tight, snug up the drive side arm, and check chainline. Any old worn out cartridge BB will work for this purpose, ask your LBS to save you whatever length they change out.

JohnnyD

I don't know a lot about them but I have a drive side arm here. I believe it's 94/58 BCD. It's square taper but they may have been made in Octalink or ISIS as well. Is the one you are looking at square taper? I don't have any loose rings that are the right bolt circle diameter, but I might have a crank on a built bike that I could rob rings and check chainline. But if you are looking at a square taper crank, I wouldn't worry too much about spindle length. When I have that question, I screw in a 113 BB hand tight, snug up the drive side arm, and check chainline. Any old worn out cartridge BB will work for this purpose, ask your LBS to save you whatever length they change out.

It's square taper.
After a ton of digging online , I found a reference to the crankset coming with a Shimano BB-LP27. I never thought to use an old BB of a known spindle length and measure the chainline to figure out if I'd need to go up or down..Thanks for the tip!
In the end though it's a moot point since I picked up a really good used FC-M760 w the BB to put in the Jekyll. I had the idea that it would be cool to have a Cannondale crank on it. I changed my mind because the XT crank and BB are way better and the same price that Id pay for just the Px3 crankset. So now its off to get a chainring and bash guard for the XT for my 1x9 setup I'm going to do on the bike!