CAAD4 Saeco team, or replica?

Georgiy

Hello! Recently I got a caad 4 saeco team. I learned that such bikes were command and replicas. Looking at the number and checking the information on this site, I learned that the bike was produced in January 1999. Also present in the room - MORI4.
photo_2019-01-23_20-38-15.jpg
photo_2019-01-23_20-38-08.jpg

Can you please tell me, is this really a Mori Massimiliano bike? And if so, how do you know if the bike actually participated in the Tour de France 1999? I will be glad to any information. Thanks you.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Pretty hard to tell anything from the full bike photo. I have no idea whether MORI on the frame is a coincidence or not, but it's very interesting. Doubt that anyone would have serial number information for team bikes at this point in time, and likely only the team mechanics would know which races any given frame was used in. Perhaps you could track down a mechanic or Mori himself and ask. If that's not possible, I'd clean the bike up and try to get the right parts on it. It surely would have been 7700 Dura-Ace with perhaps a Coda crankset. Handlebar would have been Cinelli, stem Coda, saddle San Marco. I'm not sure what brand of rims the team used but perhaps you can find out by searching old photos.

Georgiy

[QUOTE = "Black Lightning 1987, post: 897, member: 971"] Довольно сложно отличить что-либо от полной фотографии велосипеда. Я понятия не имею, является ли MORI на кадре совпадением или нет, но это очень интересно. Сомневаюсь, что у кого-то будет информация о серийных номерах для командных мотоциклов в данный момент, и, вероятно, только механики команды будут знать, в каких гонках использовался тот или иной кадр. Возможно, вы могли бы отследить механика или самого Мори и спросить. Если это невозможно, я бы почистил байк и постарался поставить на него нужные детали. Это наверняка был бы 7700 Dura-Ace с возможно шатунами Coda. Руль был бы Cinelli, стволовая Coda, седло San Marco. Я не уверен, какую марку дисков использовал команда, но, возможно, вы можете узнать об этом по старым фотографиям. [/ QUOTE]

Thanks for reply! I found the number on Mario's bike, it also has a part of the last name - http://speedbicycles.ch/velo/393/cannondale_track_cipollini_1999.html

black lightning 1987

Staff member
That's a great find. I didn't know Cippo raced track. Certainly appears that the Saeco team riders' names were put on the BB shells when they were made.

Wonder if that applies to other teams such as Volvo and SoBe?

roKWiz

Here's some of pics Cippo's TT bike recently for sale. Note the BB frame number and reference. I would say the genuine deal.

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg