Caad3 Saeco with Serotta carbon forks

Logan Rhyne

Hi friends,

Looking to get some eyes on my Caad3 Saeco team edition. In decent condition with just a few small paint chips on the top tube and from chain slap. More photos in the album below. I love the bike, but I'm moving and I'll need a different setup and need to figure out if it's worth trying to pass this one along. Any thoughts or comments from folks more familiar with the market would be greatly appreciated! Or anyone interested in adding to their collection...

Shimano 105 groupset; Cane Creek headset

gNfFo1KebOwZc1lki1bgZ6jZTgIXmtE1B6LpRFKYxaNk-WeTmCF8yY6IGSESF80Fj-E8QPCtyMnbOxgnBbGKzjtLW0tnGdszl65S-06l6vQt1nqd4FnJrEc6Dao29O4VkaGXAYJkaFD3lqtXGBF3uaNWY3tAvoQU3pZHgGUW8aiTxievC5JfdSg5YBoQjRxHfhmyJ9o2hMxhqaA4o4AozrVVu59OAbEvDKQU9I3UbXoMghxQbZgiFjBDzoeUfvAFlG60V2rk5jTODK7h4mo3qgIGwRyR7IcuI0TGoT3hl-1WyP_fkjrpOso1kOdQQMWnu2J4-Aqe7rioh1bD3seH8JJUpEke4YEw5G9WJrbBexFif2sbjuRlznulzSK9I4yL6Y8eY-cqaoKifjNJC4mhvSiDNdjeAVweDZHVrwVFT_8CziGcOsbU5DosXDi4uP9k13gt_szhr9qs913y1ieSwo-pUrawWChB1Fh73FTw2HJDu9ITm0k3BXV8bxvXqZJGS6pp6y6-kq7yTEOn6Y6PoJ9RTiLDV7nbSmhCUFzeGhIvMNPd6ZZIRoBpt_rRKaY35RObHZ5K58znpa8gRGlAvGzjVdusabin3cZeArgoEchauMyGZR1QRKwO67ULrQKL6oW3K7jINWagYHYGax0f4Z1TaMarkMU6zfmhl0IRaW-4GusAZIn5lX_kry0DvXWP1WDoMHIlb3pJ-bE_vjLitjR-GnnY0zgY_tmdBqF_kmpxjfm1ww=w1399-h1049-no

Photo Album

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Nice bike. Recent complete CAAD3 sales in the USA have been in the $300-500 range, which seems cheap to me. I'd advise taking it apart to get the maximum return. The Serotta fork should sell for $100 or more. I'd guess the 105 group should bring $300. Not sure about the wheels but $100 for a guess. I'd think the bare frame would fetch $150.

If it's a 60 cm I might be interested in the frame and fork, but shipping to the USA would probably put it out of my reach.

Logan Rhyne

Thanks for the info - if it was a 60cm I'd be more likely to keep it too. Unfortunately it's a 58cm and has always been a little cramped for me.

I can actually have the shipping come out quite reasonably through some corporate account stuff at work, so if you (or anyone else) like what they see, I'd strongly prefer to sell it as a whole bike over parting it out.

rickpaulos

One of my wish list bikes but it's just too tall for me. Shipping a USA made bike to the USA is like shipping coals to NewCastle. I saw one at Herrods in London for over $3,000 new, about double what they retailed for in the USA.

I've browsed any number of general sales sites in the UK, I'd advertise there.

Logan Rhyne

One of my wish list bikes but it's just too tall for me. Shipping a USA made bike to the USA is like shipping coals to NewCastle. I saw one at Herrods in London for over $3,000 new, about double what they retailed for in the USA.

I've browsed any number of general sales sites in the UK, I'd advertise there.

Thanks - I'll give it a listing on Gumtree and Facebook Marketplace. Anywhere else that UK bike aficionados would likely find this? I'm familiar with some of the US bike forums but less so here in the UK.

rickpaulos

I've browsed Craigslist in UK too.

Here in the USA, Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist are most active for bicycles with free listings.

There are others getting lots of adverts like OfferUp or LetItGo but when I've searched those for bicycle, nothing much comes up. No momentum there. I'd search any potential site for bicycle to see if it's even worth bothering with. The more sales sites there are, the less effective they all become.

ebay is #1 world wide but has fees and signups, etc. ebay is better if you start selling small stuff first to build your reputation score and get used to how things work. Listing a bike like that as your first listing could be trouble.