1990 SM600 for sale. Great condition!

Brendon

I happened to come come across this recently, and I was blown away by the amazing shape it's in after 29 years. It's complete and original except for the tires. The old ones were rotten, but everything else--down to the white Shimano cable housing and Vetta Gel seat--is original. It's got a few little paint chips, but basically it's in really great condition. It hasn't been ridden much at all, and I really would like to have it go to a home where it would be appreciated.

Does anyone have any ideas of other places I should put this just to make sure that everyone who might want it can see it? It's like a time machine to 1990, and I guess I feel like there's got to be someone who could use such a great example. The seat bag is also period-correct.
dale-1.jpg
dale-1.jpg
dale-2.jpg
dale-3.jpg
dale-4.jpg

Brendon

Yeah I guess so. What's your opinion of it though? It's fairly low-end. Any idea how much it's worth?

black lightning 1987

Staff member
It's the same frame as the top of the (rigid) line M2000. The Exage stuff isn't that much different from LX. I bought a very nice 1993 M800 locally for $300 or $350 several years ago. Both frames are 3.0 Series but geometry is different, M800 is LX with (preferable to me) thumbshifters. If you are in an urban area, that bike would make a great commuter. You might get more if you're prepared to wait for someone who had one new and wants to replace it.