1988 Upgrad

Virg Murphy

My 1988 Cannondale Criterium was upgraded from a 2 X 7 drive drain to. 3 X 8. Down tube shifters were changed to bar STI shifters. Stock wheels were upgraded to Mavic Aksium Race wheels. Paint is screaming yellow with Vintage Cannondale decals in black. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Great color. I assume it's a repaint but fits the era well. My first Cannondale was a hot pink '87 SR600. I've got another pink '87 frameset in the queue to build if I can ever get all the bits together. You wouldn't happen to have a Wolber T430 rim or two left over from your project would you? Lots of Cannondales came with them in the late 80s but they are kind of hard to find these days.

petergt4

My 1988 Cannondale Criterium was upgraded from a 2 X 7 drive drain to. 3 X 8. Down tube shifters were changed to bar STI shifters. Stock wheels were upgraded to Mavic Aksium Race wheels. Paint is screaming yellow with Vintage Cannondale decals in black.View attachment 1986 View attachment 1987 View attachment 1988 View attachment 1989 View attachment 1986 View attachment 1987 View attachment 1988 View attachment 1989

Great color. It's one of the things I appreciate from this era (and earlier); manufacturers offered a variety of colors, especially bright hues.

Michael P. Neal

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
I have sent a PM. If they are Vintage Cannondale decals. It is possible for the decals to be tricky sometimes. You would rub the decals over the clear. To get the decal to stick to the clear transfer tape. Once all the decals are transferred to the clear tape. You are ready to go!

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
I have sent a PM. If you are still having issues with a decal, let me know, or we can chat here. It is really just transfering the decal to the clear tape. pressing it firm to that clear tape, and slowly remove the decal.... transfer...